Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 385, Riding in a Hudson

It's another beautiful day in paradise, or a beach in Hawaii is paradise, but Central Oregon isn't too far behind.  Today at 5pm I was going to pick up Peter and take him to look at Flyte Camp's 1948 Sequoia trailer. Peter saw it on eBay a while back and had mentioned he would like to see it.  I got his house at 5:10pm and he had been working on the 1952 Hudson Hornet all day and had it ready to go.  He asked if I wanted to take it to look at the trailer and said, YES!

I have always appreciated Hudson's but I have never ridden in one.  The engine was whisper quiet and I was blown away by the ride.  The car only has 37,000 original miles and runs like new.  I was amazed at how much fun it was to cruise down the road.

We got to Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration and they had the 48 pulled out front. It looked spectacular and we couldn't help but want to back the 52 Hudson up to the front of it so it looked like it was pulling it.  Peter was pretty impressed with the trailer and while I think he enjoyed looking at the trailer, I'm not sure he was ready to add it to his collection.

We stayed for about 30 minutes and then headed out for dinner.

When we got the Hudson back to the garage Pete did make a comment that the trailer would look good parked in the field next to the house.

It was a fun way to spend the evening, looking at a vintage trailer and riding in a Hudson.

No comments:

Post a Comment